Friday, March 21, 2008

Land of the Moss people





" The Earth is an organically interwoven community of plants, animals, and microorganisms. . . Although this flux of matter and the cycles of the biosphere can be perceived only through intuition, our unswerving faith in the omnipotence of science has led us to study and analyze this phenomena, raining down destruction upon the world of the living things and throwing nature as we see it into disarray. "

- Masanobu Fukuoka



Driving through the northwest for the last five days. I am happy for the moss growing on everything, rooftops perhaps being my favorite. The moisture draws it from every crack and crevice in a great glowing Mass. We hit black ice in Oregon last night which took our legs for 10-20 seconds. Scary as fuck ! I was quietly calmed by the near full moon reflecting off of the snow creating an ominous contrast, exposing every blissful detail. Outlined giants. The wilderness kingdom truly showed its majesty last night under the great sister moon.

I found out yesterday that a friend had taken her own life over the weekend. It stings a deep chasm within my heart. I have surely walked this thin crevice myself many times teetering into the void of black. Wanting the silence.
I wish you well, your smile touched me with its blissful magic whenever I was near it.