Thursday, March 13, 2008

the massive hazy city

" You must realize my friend, that the deeper we go into this, both written and spoken words of formal language become less and less adequate as a medium of expression"

-Manuel Cordova Rios


Starting somewhere around Irvine everything becomes one massive entangled city, driving the 5 N for hours , endless confused expansion. Viewed from an airplane above at night the most marvelous light show I have encountered, patterns upon a million geometric patterns of every color , the ominous glow. Los Angeles, place of my birth. My mother flew here w/ me in her belly from the cold East , a week later I would be born with my toes dabbling in the Pacific (my second mother), the ocean a guiding, windy, grounding force in my life , I am always happiest when it is within my reach. I was raised in an Orange County canyon, Sage is the first smell I truly remember, I always keep it close at hand, I like to carry a few leaves in my pocket.
Looking forward to the North, my feet in the South, smelling the East on my skin, my heart is the West.

1 comment:

Kathryn Noelle said...

My heart is in the west as well... I love you Trevor.